Sunday, October 20, 2013

Quiet Your Mind

There is a song I like by Zac Brown Band called “Quiet Your Mind.” It’s a good reminder, you know. It is a healthy practice to take some time every day to just quiet your mind. And what does that mean? Just be where you are in that moment. Let everything else go. Just breathe. Be grateful for the steady beat of your heart and the rhythm of your breath and know that you are blessed. I like the way Jesus said it: “…Do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself.”

Okay, I know… I live in the real world like you. Being an adult means that you learn from yesterday and plan for tomorrow while you manage today. I get that. But you can still find a time and place every day where you just can be quiet. Give yourself permission to lay your burdens down and find blessings in the moment. And when you do, amazing things happen. Back to Zac Brown’s song: “I feel the change goin’ on all around me. It’s strange how I’m taken and guided where I end up right where I needed to be. Quiet your mind…”
www.pneumawear.com

No comments:

Post a Comment