Monday, September 2, 2013

Love the Run!

I hated running when I was a kid. My worst nightmare was that I would show up to gym class and the coach would say, "Everyone run a lap!" Did I say this before? I HATED running! So when did I begin to love running? I don't know the exact date or hour. I just know there was a time in my life not too long ago when I felt too much like a slug and my spirit told me, "Just move! Get out there and walk. Better yet, run... Even just a little... Just move!" So I laced up my shoes and obeyed my spirit. It wasn't easy. I wasn't good, and I wasn't fast. But I felt so good whenever my run was over. And then one day... I didn't just feel good when my run was over... I felt good while I was running. I didn't see that coming! I began to love the run. I know for sure that I am not the fastest runner on the road on any given day. Nor am I the runner who is logging the most miles. But God bless me, I get out there to run! The meditative movement marries with my breath, and I just run. This is what I know now: Love the run!

No comments:

Post a Comment